Wednesday, October 31, 2007

R.I.P. Challenge 2007


September 1st - October 31st
Hosted by: Carl

Official Reads:

  1. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  2. Renfield: Slave of Dracula by Barbara Hambly
  3. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
  4. Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill
  5. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
  6. Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman

  7. Bonus Books:

  8. Something Wicked This Was Comes by Ray Bradbury
  9. The Homecoming by Ray Bradbury
  10. Surrender by Sonya Hartnett
  11. Edgar & Ellen: Rare Beasts by Charles Ogden
  12. Edgar & Ellen: Tourist Trap by Charles Ogden
  13. The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury

  14. Short Story Sunday Selections from:

  15. Wizards: Magical Tales From the Masters of Modern Fantasy
Challenge Completed on 10/1/07

Wrap up post here

3 comments:

Mrs. Micah said...

I like the mix. A bit of the classic, a bit of the modern. Renfield looks like it could be an interesting book. He was a creepy character! I've only read Hambly's Star Wars novels and I think she did a pretty pathetic job of them, which turned me off the other ones.

Perhaps I should give her a shot with Renfield. If it sucks, I'll be able to write her off at failing with two genres. If not, I'll just know Star Wars wasn't her thing. Either way I can chalk it up for the reading challenge.

chrisa511 said...

I'm starting to be a bit afraid that Renfield may turn out to be horrible...I bought it on the "bargain table" and I haven't seen it on anyone else's list...time will tell ;)

The Bookworm said...

Hi, great list for the RIP challenge. I have been wanting to read Blaze too. S.K. is one of my favorites. I've read Whispers and thought it was good. Happy reading.